While i was at Wal-Mart looking for the cake flour i found this cake mix. i was skeptical but desperate to make a cake for my mother-in-law for mothers day.
The directions are pretty simple:
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Large Eggs
For Milk Syrup:
- 3 1/2 Cups Milk
- Prep: PREHEAT oven to 350°F for metal or glass pan, 325°F for dark or coated pan. GREASE sides and bottom of 13 x 9 pan with shortening or oil spray. FLOUR lightly.
- Mix: BLEND cake mix, water and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). BEAT at medium speed for 1 minute. POUR batter into a prepared cake pan.
- Bake: BAKE for 18-20 minutes. Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. POKE holes in cake with fork, 1/2-inch part. Leave cake in pan..
- Blend: BLEND contents from small packet and 3 1/2 cups milk in small bowl with wire whisk until completely dissolved and well blended.
- Pour: POUR milk syrup over top of cake slowly. Cover and REFRIGERATE at least 2 hours. Frost before serving. KEEP REFRIGERATED UNTIL READY TO SERVE. PROMPTLY REFRIGERATE UNUSED BAKED CAKE.
I used two packages of Cool Whip and my favorite fresh fruit. This cake was such a hit! Everyone was asking what bakery i bought it from. I can't believe all these years i have been spending 50 + dollars on a cake when i can bake it myself! This cake mix is delicious and i recommended it to all of my friends and family. Here are a few cakes i have made below.
And here is a birthday cake i made for my sister in law's husband.
Go out and purchase this to try it for yourself! I've seen it at Wal-Mart and grocery stores as well.
www.duncanhines.com you can also check out their products online along with recipes.
Enjoy! Do you like Tres Leches cake? Let me know how yours came out!